Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Linky

Jeff Vandermeer has posted an interesting, short, article on Tips for Beginners in creative writing.
I think 4, 5, & 7 were relevant (to me personally). I'm not saying the others aren't as well, just that those three tapped me on the shoulder and went 'there, you see? What did we tell you?'

How's your day going? I've had a busy day at work, so no writing. (Meetings, travel to meetings, travel back from meetings etc.) I'm looking forward to getting home and going to bed. ::snores::

2 comments:

  1. Nice link. I think they all apply to me, but the reading outside of your genre is one of the hardest things to do for me. I like my romances and there seems to be an unending supply of books I have yet to read. But I suppose at some point I should go out of my comfort zone and actually read something [gasp] literary or outside of romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a real problem with 'literary' fiction as it just isn't my thing. When faced with that type of book, I find myself doing the cleaning/ washing up etc. anything (even going for a nap) rather than read a literay novel. I suppose the advantage to me would be to figure out what I dislike so much that makes me avoid it, and then try not to do it in my own writing!

    ReplyDelete