Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Sun is Shining!

It's a glorious morning, which makes up nicely for having been up at 02:30 because BB was ill - I had to clean the extension, the dog, and because he'd got on the bed for a cuddle before I realised he'd been poorly I had to then strip the bed and change that as well! Back in bed for 03:30. I will pay for that later, I'm sure.

Writing's going ok - not done more on the novella, but I've been working on a piece for Nothing But Red, and that's going well so far (although it can't be said that I'm whizzing along right now).

Office/building move number two went well although the stock is still being unpacked and interfiled (and we've been told that we need to lose another 100 shelves of stock because it won't all fit! How we're going to achieve this fairly I have no idea, at the moment I'm envisaging piles of books at the ends of each bay of shelving). ***Everything's. Going. So. Welllllll!***

I haven't updated the 'I have read' list in the sidebar since I went on holiday in June, the list is quite large now, hence my putting it off but if I get some free tinkering time this weekend I'll have a stab at updating it. At the moment I'm reading Heart Dance by Robin D. Owens and loving it. Saille T'Willow is a lovely character and it's annoying that I have to wait until lunchtime (or worse, until I get home) to read more. I'm also re-reading my Lois McMaster Bujold SF - I'd forgotten what a great character Miles Vorkosigan is, very humorous wit.

Mood: Quite chipper, actually

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you had an interesting night. Good luck with your energy today. Chocolate always works!

    Found you via a like interest in Jayne Ann Krentz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I made it through to Sunday before crashing from accumulated lack of sleep!

    JAK - I love her books, always good for the pick-me-up/ feel-good factor.

    ReplyDelete