Thursday, September 02, 2010

[metrics]| Just keep swimming...

I managed a few more words yesterday to bring the count up to 81,330 which isn't bad. I'm hoping to be able to spend a bigger chunk of time on it at the weekend after I've taken Mama Bear to the vets for her blood test to see how her thyroid pills are working/ not working. Certainly, the smells-of-hay misxture we've been adding to her food for her joints seems to be doing the job, so here's hoping that the thyroid tablets are too.

Things accomplished in fiction: We managed to use magic to heal a plant instead of turning it into a triffid - but the confidence that brought this about is going to cause trouble further down the line. Cheeky young not-yet-werewolves are cheeky.

Things accomplished in real life: day job work, read Trent Jamieson's Death Most Definite - {loved it. Great characters - Steven de Selby is quite a funny chap and he's a psychopomp. What a fantastic word. Psych-O-Pomp. You can really get your lips round it. Anyway, had to finish it before I went to bed last night because I had to find out what happened which means I'll definitely be going for book two when it comes out in 2011.} Also, did baked potatoes for tea with Colliers strong cheddar, Genoan ham, lime pickle (for me and chum #1) and brinjal aubergine pickle (that was just for me) and we rounded it off with strawberries and marscapone for dessert - YUM!

Rural Fantasy Progress
81330 / 100000 (81.33%)

2 comments:

  1. Oh god, you're making me hungry. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nom Nom Nom! :)
    It was very tasty. And last night we had Thai green curry soup with prawns, stir fry vegetables, and egg noodles. Oh! Gastronomic explosion on the tastebuds. If I hadn't been full when I'd finished I could have eaten it all over again it was so lovely. Recipe's from the BBC Food website - low fat and really tasty.

    M

    ReplyDelete