Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Update & a Question

The Bank Holiday's over, the car passed its MOT and I'm back at work. Yay.

Haven't finished the second draft of 3's Company yet. My housemate is finishing off her Master's thesis and we've had to go turn and turn about on the pc so we're both chugging along, just not as quickly as if we had a computer each. So far, I've added just over 8k in new words (same point in the first draft was c.15k as opposed to 23k in 2nd) so that's part of the reason it's taking so long.

Had an idea for Contraband, which raised a question that I hope someone will have an answer to: if you can use vegetable oil for biofuel (after conversion) could you use human fat in the same way? i.e. after liposuction, could you take the removed fat, turn it into liquid and then convert it into a biofuel? Does anyone know?

Cheers :D

2 comments:

  1. What an odd concept. I don't know, but if you find out, let us know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have discovered - from a friend whose husband is an engineer chappy - that human fat acts like any other oil once it's rendered down and could, therefore, be used as a biofuel.
    Which is good, because I can use that in my short story which is getting very long!

    How's it going, Amanda? All settled back in now?

    ReplyDelete