Monday, April 21, 2008

Sven Update

Okay. 24 days to go so quick update on progress overall.

Sven total is skewed because now that I'm typing up draft one and editing as I go I'm adding new words but I won't be able to work out the difference until it's finished. But it's going well even if I can't quantify it.

Contraband has been started three times now and I hope that this time the story's going where it should. The irritating thing is that I now know where it should start, which means ditching the first 800 words or so. But, it will make it a better story so I won't complain about that.

A third piece has been planned and a basic outline has been done. Chapter outline to follow and then I'll get started on that (and this time I will be typing direct!) Lesson learned there.

Mood: Tired. Took the dogs on a long walk yesterday round a dam. Flat surface (i.e. not really rough terrain) and my hips were aching this morning so I must have been plodding hard at one point. Obviously I need to work on the incredible lightness of footsteps!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job with your progress, Merry!

    Cutting 800 words sounds pretty painful, but knowing where your story starts is half the battle, isn't it?

    Glad you had a progress-filled weekend, and hope you and the poochies can take it easy today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elle!
    I've been hobbling like a little old lady every time I stand up at work today! I think I shall relax in a nice hot bath with a glass of wine tonight.
    Hope your weekend went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds soooooo lovely! Have a glass for me, eh?

    Weekend was all right. I'm struggling through my research paper, feeling like I'm banging my head against a wall the whole time. No Big Ass WIP writing, though :(

    ReplyDelete