Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update!

Playtex moonwalk successfully completed - just need to collect all of the sponsorship money now. (Next year I'm doing the online donation thing - much easier).

It was a great experience and seeing Edinburgh by night was interesting, but my God, it was cold! Once we got to 03:00hrs we had our space blankets wrapped around us, which looked very fetching with the see-through macs we were given in case it rained. Lovely!
I had 3 hours sleep vs 36 awake, and I still haven't quite caught up. I'm working on that. Hope to be caught up by Friday, something the dogs are waiting for with bated breath. They've found it very disappointing over the last couple of days to have my alarm go off at 05:30 and for me to then turn over and go back to sleep for an hour. Ah well. Their ungodly hour of the morning walk will come. On Friday. Probably.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda! Yes, I did, and I have to say that I love my New Balance trainers. Absolutely no problems with my feet at all!
    Now I'll just have to go back to Edinburgh and have a more leisurely look around, in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on finishing that half marathon, Merry - that's no mean achievement. :)

    ReplyDelete