Monday, November 05, 2007

Quick lunch...

Back at work - oh, my God, what a morning. Haven't stopped since I got in. Just stopped for some pasta now (rigatoni with Sainsbury's chopped tomatoes with oregano - comes in a carton - v. nice) and then I've got two more meetings this afternoon as well as having to work on a worksheet for some students that I won't be seeing, so it'll have to be fairly comprehensive.

And I'm behind on NaNo :o(

Dog Whisperer came on Saturday, basically, the dogs aren't confident in us being the alphas so they're doing the job; so now we have to convince them that we are it. Going ok so far - they've thrown a few paddys. BB is the best, because he's the youngest I think so is more amenable to change. The girls are being cows at the moment - hopefully this will improve. Soon.

Anyway, more work on NaNo to do (while trying to avoid surfing the interweb - the perils of broadband!)

How are y'all doing? How's Sven going for those who NaNo not?

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't you feel lost without your broadband though? As annoying as it is eventually you've seen all you can and then you can start cracking on your work. I think it's common to fall behind after a weekend. As long as you keep plowing forward you should be able to get caught up. I have 665 words more to get in today to get equal to the 8,333 words I need to end today at. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great going Amanda! Sounds like you're cracking on with Fallen. I think the key is to be quite strict about 'avoidable' distractions and say to oneself 'no, I really don't need to do that/ look at that/ read that now. That can be my treat when I'm done for the day.' (Now I just have to be firm about putting it into practice!)

    ReplyDelete