Friday, October 09, 2009

You never know who you're going to meet at work...

It's not often that you queue for coffee - in the student cafe at work - and meet one of your favourite authors; but that's what happened to me this morning when one of my colleagues introduced me to their friend - visiting from New Zealand - and it turned out to be Nalini Singh!
We had a nice chat over drinks (mocha and hot chocolate respectively) and, agreed that Anne Bishop is a fantastic author that we both like, along with Anne McCaffrey and Mercedes Lackey.

I did have a moment of (internal) fan-girl squeeage, and as it was internal I hopefully didn't come across as too much of a dork.

Anyway, I thought I'd share that as it's totally brightened up my day. You just never know who you're going to meet at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment